Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Help Local Tornado Survivors Move #NashvilleTornado
Hands On Nashville is continuing to work with a variety of groups in Davidson and Wilson County to aid residents recovering from the March tornado. The current need is to help residents move in/out of their living spaces as construction projects take place.
**Please Note: This project requires a background check. Once you have expressed interest below, a Hands On Nashville representative will be in touch about next steps. This background check is free to the volunteer.
The essential functions of this opportunity:
- Load and unload items as directed; to and from PODS, homes, trucks, dumpsters, etc
- Be able to physically: load, unload, sort survivor personal items and on-property debris of varying sizes and weight by hand and hand-truck
- Lift, carry, push, and pull items on a continuous and repetitive basis
- Works well with fellow volunteers and on- or off-site leadership
- Must be able to work independently or within a team environment
- Volunteers should wear footwear for, and be comfortable with, navigating uneven terrain
- Our volunteers should be able to: walk, stand, bend, twist, kneel, crouch, lift, push, pull, carry, and place items in and out of homes, in and out of PODS, or collect debris and move to dumpsters in a safe and efficient manner
- All volunteers must be able to lift up-to 50 lbs on a continuous and repetitive basis
- The dress code for this type of opportunity is casual business (no rips, tears, major stains - but okay to get it dirty).
IMPORTANT: We are doing all that we can to protect ourselves, each other, and our community from spreading COVID-19. Volunteers will be expected to comply with COVID-19 Safety Protocols which include: allowing your temperature to be taken, answer a few COVID symptom and contact questions, wear (your own) mask at all times, and observe a 6 – 10’ social distance when at all possible from the start to the end of each meeting.
We hope you will join us.
In accordance with Mayor John Cooper’s Roadmap for Reopening Nashville, Hands On Nashville recommends the following guidelines for volunteering:
Individuals belonging to the following groups should not volunteer for in-person opportunities: ages 65 and up, those with elevated health risk or compromised immune systems, anyone who is feeling unwell (or who has been exposed to/is caring for someone who is sick or has a compromised immune system).
Volunteers who attend projects should take recommended precautions, including maintaining distances between themselves and other people; practicing hand-washing and sanitation of spaces; wearing gloves, masks, and other protective gear; etc. As always, consult a medical professional should you begin to feel unwell at any point during or after a project.
If you decide not to attend a project, please log in to hon.org and remove yourself from the opportunity ahead of time so that another volunteer may have a chance to fill your slot. If you have any trouble with this, email email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help!
Please be aware that your project may be canceled with short notice. Projects are subject to change depending on shifting guidelines and circumstances. We appreciate your understanding.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: