Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Community Volunteer Leader Training
Hands On Nashville helps the community by supplying volunteers to nonprofits, civic agencies, and the city when disaster strikes. Since we are a small team, we need a trained cadre of volunteer leaders that are ready to jump in and lead volunteer projects when we are short-staffed or when big needs crop up quickly (like floods or mass vaccinations!)
In order to fulfill this critical role, we’ve developed a free volunteer leader training course that will give you the basic skills needed to:
- Provide leadership and organization to volunteer groups
- Ensure safety protocols are followed
- Model excellent customer service
- Coordinate logistics like sign-in, parking, and volunteer job assignments
- Be a liaison and ambassador for Hands On Nashville
- Keep volunteers safe and happy
Please join us for this virtual training and you’ll stand ready to lead whenever duty calls! This will be an interactive class, so come ready to be on camera and participate. Additional trainings will be offered on disaster-specific topics to those that successfully complete this course.
In accordance with Mayor John Cooper’s Roadmap for Reopening Nashville:
- Hands On Nashville recommends that unvaccinated individuals in the following groups avoid volunteering for in-person opportunities (due to elevated risk level): ages 65 and up, those with health conditions or compromised immune systems, anyone who is feeling unwell (or who has been exposed to/is caring for someone who is sick or has a compromised immune system).
- Volunteers who attend projects should take recommended precautions, including maintaining distances between themselves and other people; practicing hand-washing and sanitation of spaces; wearing gloves, masks, and other protective gear; etc. As always, consult a medical professional should you begin to feel unwell at any point during or after a project.
If you decide not to attend a project, please log in to hon.org and remove yourself from the opportunity ahead of time so that another volunteer may have a chance to fill your slot. If you have any trouble with this, email email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help!
Please be aware that projects may be canceled or rescheduled with short notice. Projects are subject to change depending on shifting guidelines and circumstances. We appreciate your understanding.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: