Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Home Clean-Up and Basic Demolition - #NashvilleFlooding
As the City of Nashville continues to recover from March 27-28 floods, Hands On Nashville, in collaboration with the Nashville Office of Emergency Management, is engaging volunteers in the community to help survivors muck and gut their homes.
- Clearing out damaged belongings from the property
- Removing drywall, flooring, and other damaged parts of the building
- Hands On Nashville will provide all tools and safety equipment to volunteers.
- All volunteers will be required to review and sign a waiver prior to participation and will be expected to model appropriate COVID-19 safety measures.
- This will be a very physical volunteer project, and will involve entering buildings that could potentially have mold and mildew
- Due to the unique environment of this project, ALL volunteers must be 18+.
Please note, if you sign up the address you receive will be that of the Hands On Nashville main office, the projects are not taking place there. Hands On Nashville is currently identifing those homes and areas most in need. You will be emailed your official project address on Friday the 30th.
All projects will take place during the same timeframe, but volunteers will be spread out over several locations. For both health and safety reasons, but also work flow logistics. If you'd like to volunteer with friends or a group, please pre-form a team so that Hands On Nashville staff can take this into account when finalizing assignments. Please reference this website for steps and tips on how to set up a team.
- Individuals belonging to the following groups should not volunteer for in-person opportunities: ages 65 and up, those with elevated health risk or compromised immune systems, anyone who is feeling unwell (or who has been exposed to/is caring for someone who is sick or has a compromised immune system).
- Volunteers who attend projects should take recommended precautions, including maintaining distances between themselves and other people; practicing hand-washing and sanitation of spaces; wearing gloves, masks, and other protective gear; etc. As always, consult a medical professional should you begin to feel unwell at any point during or after a project.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: