Join the 2022-2023 HON AmeriCorps cohort
AmeriCorps members spend a year at a local nonprofit, government department, or civic agency, where they build program capacity and receive skills and professional development training, an education award, a living stipend, and more. The 2022-2023 Program Year runs from August 2022 to July 2023.
Nashville is powered by people of all ages, races, ethnicities, skin tones, sexes, genders, sexualities, religions, abilities, and socioeconomic statuses engaging in service together. This is a city where YOU matter and YOU make a difference. Join us as we tackle the community’s most pressing challenges through service by becoming a Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Program member.
HON AmeriCorps 2022-2023 Applications Open Now!
Full-time Partner Agencies & Service Opportunities:
Family Impact and Engagement Leader: This AmeriCorps member will gain research, facilitation, communication, and leadership skills. This member will also have access to professional development opportunities on multiple topics including Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs), trauma, and resiliency. Learn more | Apply
Active Older Adult Heath & Nutrition Leader: This AmeriCorps member will work with a dedicated team of professionals to develop programs that keep active older adults healthy and fit so that they are able to enjoy their very best lives. Bring your specific skills to their team to help develop high-quality programming and activities. Learn more | Apply
Older Adult Programming & Nutrition Leader: This AmeriCorps member will work with a dedicated team to ensure that the participants in the Adult Day Services (ADS) program for older adults with memory loss and health challenges enjoy enriching activities that support their mental and physical health. Bring your specific skills to develop art, music, and exercise programs! This member will also support the FiftyForward Fresh meal delivery and nutritional support program. Learn more | Apply
- Black Girl Magic Volunteer and Alumni Engagement Leader: This member will be assisting The F.I.N.D. Design Director of Operations with creating a volunteer and alumni engagement program. Learn more | Apply
F.L.Y. Girl Advocate and Curriculum Leader: This AmeriCorps member will leave their service term with skills in project management, curriculum creation, facilitating equitable groups and healing circles, program design, strategic recruitment, partnership engagement, and college tour planning. Learn more | Apply
- Park Conservation and Volunteer Engagement Leader: The member will develop and operate a robust volunteer program at Mill Ridge Park. They will perform outreach in the community to build awareness and enroll volunteers at Mill Ridge Park. Projects will include research, planning, and facilitating weekly service projects and activities. Learn more | Apply
Position filled! Park Programs Volunteer Leader: This Park Programs Volunteer Leader will organize volunteers to work on beautification and maintenance projects, help staff events, and lead programs in the community. Learn more
- Community Engagement Leader: The Community Engagement Leader recruits and engages a wide variety of volunteers to bolster the work of Hands On Nashville’s community partners. The leader assists the Partnership and Communications teams by planning and executing volunteer outreach and retention strategy as well as boosting HON’s brand position in the community. Learn more | Apply
- Position filled! Disaster Response Leader: This AmeriCorps member will lead the development and implementation of Hands On Nashville’s Disaster Volunteer Leader (DVL) Program. Learn more
- Neighborhood Engagement Leader: The Neighborhood Engagement Leader recruits and engages volunteers in neighborhoods that are underrepresented among Hands On Nashville volunteers. The Leader assists the Communications and Community Engagement team by planning and implementing diversity, equity and inclusion strategies to deepen the culture of service in Nashville. Learn more | Apply
- Nonprofit Partnerships and Data Leader: This member will assist the Community Partnerships team by building relationships and developing strategies, processes, and resources for recruiting and engaging volunteers. Learn more | Apply
- Volunteer Ambassador and Community Leader: The Volunteer Ambassador and Community Leader recruits and engages a wide variety of volunteers to bolster the work of HON’s community partners. The Leader assists the Partnership and Communications teams by planning and executing volunteer outreach and retention strategies, as well as boosting HON’s brand in the community. Learn more | Apply
- Volunteer Project Leader (two positions): This role will be a great fit for you if you have an interest in working with community partners to identify their biggest needs and leading groups of volunteers to meet that community need. This role requires physical work, so the ability to switch between an office environment and being in the field, including outdoor settings, is key. Learn more | Apply
- Position filled! Conservation Volunteer Program Leader: This member will lead recruitment efforts and engagement opportunities, and expand the Land Trust’s mission to a variety of audiences through well-managed service opportunities. Learn more
- Early Education Community Engagement and Volunteer Leader: This AmeriCorps member will manage all aspects of the volunteer program and will expand the agency’s community engagement efforts. You will make a lasting impact in students’ lives by increasing outreach efforts; working with staff to improve the volunteer program; refining the volunteer experience, and helping secure resources and volunteers for classroom support and literacy initiatives. Learn more | Apply
Position filled! Food Justice Storytelling Content Leader: The Food Justice Storytelling Content Leader may spend their day at the community farm site, The Nashville Food Project headquarters, out in the community, or with farmers’ families. During the growing season, most mornings will start at the farm, participating in the workflow and capturing content. In the winter months, there will be a greater focus on office and computer projects, as well as outreach with partner organizations and community members. Learn more
- Community Partnerships Logistics Leader: The member will manage and organize diaper inventory and assist with distribution logistics to increase the service capacity of the diaper bank. The member will deliver diapers to partners and community members daily, including loading, unloading, and driving the utility van throughout Middle Tennessee. Learn more | Apply
- Volunteer Recruitment and Engagement Leader: The Volunteer Recruitment and Engagement Leader will be a resource for volunteers and lead diaper wrapping events. This member will also contact potential organizations and groups in the community to spread our mission and recruit volunteers. Learn more | Apply
- Family Support Engagement and Curriculum Leader: This AmeriCorps member should feel confident with their public speaking skills, as this role will lead outreach efforts in zip codes and communities not currently served. Additionally, the member will create and organize an effective curriculum using evidence-based practices, to be deliverable in a variety of methods, including small and large groups, and varying in duration and scope depending on community needs.
Learn more | Apply
- School Supplies Program Leader: The School Supplies Program Leader will conduct the day-to-day operations of satellite PENCIL Box stores, a combination of office and warehouse settings. Learn more | Apply
- High Impact Tutoring Leader: This member will support tutor recruitment and retention, improve tutor effectiveness, bolster school and tutor communications, and provide training and support to tutors. Learn more | Apply
- Youth Resource and Engagement Leader: The member will coordinate efforts to increase purposeful engagement within the family using a trauma-informed lens. In addition, the member will focus on enhancing services and building capacity by developing resources like in-kind support, volunteers, and partnerships. Learn more | Apply
- Homelessness Engagement and Shower Bus Leader: The member will manage all aspects of the shower volunteer program, complete a program evaluation, and strategize ways to enhance the experiences of volunteers and clients.
Learn more | Apply
- Position filled! Tennessee Eco-Challenge Leader: During this service term, you will immerse yourself in projects to gain insight, grow your ability to improve systems, and become a stronger sustainability advocate. Learn more
- Position filled! Environmental Ambassadors Leader: As the Environmental Ambassadors Leader, you will participate in a variety of projects, such as coordinating volunteer events, planting habitats, composting, producing and distributing educational materials (videos, brochures), conducting recycling cart scans, and more. Learn more
Half-time Partner Agencies & Service Opportunities:
- LGBTQ+ Youth Empowerment Leader: The Youth Empowerment Curriculum and Evaluation Leader will expand Edgehill Neighborhood Partnership’s curriculum to include adolescent boys and to incorporate emotional intelligence, leadership development, and academic support. Learn more | Apply
- Program Evaluation and Volunteer Experience Leader: The Program Evaluation and Volunteer Experience Leader will distribute surveys and conduct focus groups to collect responses that measure mentor satisfaction. They will develop a process to track and interpret responses, and share findings to help promote and implement program improvements. Learn more | Apply
- FreeStore Community Resource Leader: This AmeriCorps Member will build the capacity of our FreeStore and expand FreeStore locations to high-need neighborhoods throughout the city. Learn more | Apply
- Youth Empowerment Curriculum and Evaluation Leader: The Youth Empowerment Curriculum and Evaluation Leader will expand Edgehill Neighborhood Partnership’s curriculum to include adolescent boys and to incorporate emotional intelligence, leadership development, and academic support. Learn more | Apply
- Garden Volunteer Engagement Leader: This service member will learn about food justice and education, community building, volunteer engagement and organizational resiliency. Learn more | Apply
- Mobile Laundry Volunteer Team Leader: This AmeriCorps member will manage all aspects of the volunteer program. The Leader will assist the agency’s mobile laundry teams with clients, build the volunteer base, and help create policies to increase the capacity of the agency’s programs. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail-oriented, proactive, and able to work independently to accomplish goals. Learn more | Apply
2022-2023 Host Organizations
BE THE GREATER GOOD. JOIN AMERICORPS.
AmeriCorps is a way for Americans of all ages and backgrounds to dedicate their time and skills to get things done. So, how does AmeriCorps get things done? Approximately 75,000 Americans across the country join AmeriCorps programs each year and all of them are tackling different problems in different ways.
The Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps program engages civic-minded individuals in yearlong terms of public service. AmeriCorps members are part of a 23-person cohort that receives skills training, professional development, and networking opportunities through a partnership between HON and participating AmeriCorps Program agencies.
To learn more about the HON AmeriCorps Program, contact program manager Nicki Avila at (615) 298-1108 ext. 407, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The HON AmeriCorps Program is made possible through generous support from Volunteer Tennessee and The Dan and Margaret Maddox Fund. AmeriCorps is a program of the Corporation for National and Community Service, the federal agency for volunteering, service, and civic engagement. CNCS engages millions of Americans in citizen service through its AmeriCorps and Senior Corps programs and leads the nation's volunteer and service efforts. For more information, visit NationalService.gov.
Each AmeriCorps participant is part of a National Service cohort that builds nonprofit capacity through a partnership between Hands On Nashville and participating AmeriCorps host sites. Members receive skills training, professional development, and networking opportunities throughout their yearlong term.