Volunteers will help our community get through this
As the effects of COVID-19 ripple through our region, nation, and world, volunteers are more crucial than ever to help meet the critical needs of our neighbors. Thank you for your interest in volunteering at this time! With more people staying at home more often, it's super important that those who sign up to volunteer show up to their projects as planned. Our community partners are counting on you!
If you are not able to attend a project you registered for, please log in to hon.org and remove yourself from the opportunity ahead of time so that another volunteer may have a chance to fill your slot. If you have any trouble with this, email email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help!
Also, please be aware that your project may be canceled with short notice. Projects are subject to change depending on shifting guidelines and circumstances. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Some notes on the guidelines
The safety of our volunteers and our partners is top of mind. In accordance with Mayor John Cooper’s Roadmap for Reopening Nashville, Hands On Nashville currently recommends the following guidelines for volunteering:
Individuals belonging to the following groups should not volunteer for in-person opportunities: ages 65 and up, those with elevated health risk or compromised immune systems, anyone who is feeling unwell (or who has been exposed to/is caring for someone who is sick or has a compromised immune system).
Volunteers who attend projects should take recommended precautions, including maintaining distances between themselves and other people; practicing hand-washing and sanitation of spaces; wearing gloves, masks, and other protective gear; etc. As always, consult a medical professional should you begin to feel unwell at any point during or after a project.
HON sends out a volunteer survey after each project. We added a question about safety to this survey, to ensure that volunteers like you get a chance to provide feedback about their experience. Watch for that in your email inbox shortly after the project ends!
COVID-19 Information and Resources for Greater Nashville
- Safer At Home: Nashville's Covid-19 Response and Reopening Plan
- Nashville Metro government newsroom
- Tennessee Department of Health updates
- Modified Phase Two Guidance
Where to get tested
Not sure where to find what you need?
Request help with errands
Resources for employees
- Apply for unemployment benefits
- COVID-19 Unemployment for Employees
- Local Businesses Hiring
- Resources for Workers with Lost Wages or Jobs
- How to Find Health Care If You Lose Your Job Due to the Coronavirus Crisis
- DOL.gov - U.S. Dept. of Labor: How to File for Unemployment Insurance
- Benefits.gov - Information About Disaster Unemployment Assistance
Resources for businesses
- Resources for Small Businesses for "ReOpen: Nashville"
- ReOpen Nashville
- Tennessee COVID-19 Small Business Resources
- SBA Disaster Loan Emergency Advances
- SBA Paycheck Protection Program
- Coronavirus Small Business Resource Hub
- 10 Ways Businesses Can Adapt to Coronavirus
- Guide to CARES act for Business Owners
- Coronavirus Paid Sick Leave for Small Businesses
Resources for nonprofits
- Emergency Assistance/Utilities Program
- NES Offers Assistance During COVID-19
- Emergency Assistance/Utilities Program
- Financial Empowerment Center Appointment Request
- Emergency Cash for Families Affected by COVID-19
- Second Harvest Food Bank
- West Nashville Dream Center Food Box Pickups
- Tennessee 211: Find Food Assistance Resources like Food Pantries, Meal Delivery Programs and Public Benefits like SNAP and WIC
- Community Resource Center's food bank listing
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
Mental health resources for Greater Nashville
Resources for seniors
Resources for those with disabilities
- Tennessee Disability Pathfinder
- COVID-19 Information for and by People with Disabilities
- Safeguarding Against Discrimination During COVID-19
- Guide for Job Seekers & Workers with a Disability
- Know Your Medical Rights During COVID-19
- Military One Source - Updates for Military Families
- Financial Support for Military Families
- VA.gov - Military Healthcare, Debt, Benefits Claims and more
- Military Health Resources for Coronavirus
- Veterans / VA Home Loans
Resources for service workers
- Restaurant Workers Relief Program - Nashville
- One Fair Wage Emergency Fund
- Children of Restaurant Employees